Mulayam Singh Yadav is an Indian Politician. He was born on 22 November 1939 in Uttar Pradesh. He served as Cabiner Minister & Cheif Minister of Uttar Pradesh, Central Cabinet Minister.
A couple of days back, he tests COVID-19 positive and he is now being monitored by doctors. There are no symptoms identified.
Mulayam Singh Yadav Biography/Wiki
|Full Name||Mulayam Singh Yadav|
|Date of Birth||22 November 1939|
|Age (as in 2020)||81 Years|
|Birthplace||Saifai, Etawah district, Uttar Pradesh|
|Hometown||Etawah, Uttar Pradesh|
|Educational Qualification(s)||• In 1964, A Bachelors degree from Agra University|
• In 1968, M.A. (Political Science) from Agra University
|College/University||• B.R. College, Agra University, Agra, Uttar Pradesh|
• A.K. College, Shikohabad, Uttar Pradesh
• K.K. College, Etawah, Uttar Pradesh
|Political Debut||In 1967, when he was elected Member of the Legislative Assembly of Uttar Pradesh.|
Father – Late Sughar Singh
Mother – Murti Devi
Brother(s) – Shiv Pal Singh Yadav, Ram Gopal Yadav, Abhay Ram Singh Yadav, Rajpal Singh Yadav, Ratan Singh Yadav
Sister(s) – Kamla Devi Yadav
|Caste||Other Backward Caste (OBC)|
|Address||Post – Saifai,|
Pin Code : 26001, Uttar Pradesh
|Hobbies||Wrestling, Reading, Watching Folk-Dances, and Listening to Music|
|Biggest Political Rival||Mayawati|
- In 1967, he elected as the Member of the Legislative Assembly of Uttar Pradesh.
- In 1977, he became the Uttar Pradesh State Cabinet Minister for the 1st time.
- In 1980, he became the President of Lok Dal.
- From 1982 to 1985, he held the Opposition’s Leader post in the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council.
- In 1989, he became the Uttar Pradesh’s Chief Minister for the 1st time.
- In 1990, he joined Janata Dal (Socialist) party, the party belonged to Chandra Shekhar.
- In 1992, he founded Samajwadi Party (SP), a Socialist Party.
- In 1993, for the 2nd time, he became Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh.
- In 1996, he was elected to the 11th Lok Sabha, represented from Mainpuri.
- In 1999, in the tenure of the United Front Coalition Government, he became India’s Defence Minister.
- In 1998, he was re-elected to the Parliament (Lok Sabha).
- In 1999, he contested from two Kannauj & Sambhal Lok Sabha Segments and won both the seats.
- In September 2003, for the 3rd time, he became Uttar Pradesh State Cheif Minister.
- In 2004, he won Gunnaur by-election assembly seat with a record margin of 183,899, which is a record so far.
- In 2004, he won the Parliament (Lok Sabha) election from Mainpuri.
- In 2014, he contested 16th Lok Sabha from 2 seats Mainpuri & Azamgarh. In the elections he won both the seats.
- In 2019 of the Parliament (Lok Sabha) Elections, he defeated Prem Singh Shakya of BJP from Mainpuri. He gained the margin of over 94,000 votes.
Other Political Leaders Biographies>>>
Physical Stats & More
|Height (approx.)||in Feet Inches- 5’ 3”|
in Meters- 1.61 m
in Centimeters- 161 cm
|Weight (approx.)||in Pounds- 165 lbs|
in Kilograms- 75 kg
- Following the 2012 Delhi Gang Rape incident, he gave a controversial statement. As per the reports, he said – “Boys will be boys. Boys commit mistakes”.
- In another rape case, he gave another controversial statement to which Ban Ki-moon (then UN Secretary-General) responded- “We say no to the dismissive, destructive attitude of, ‘Boys will be boys.”
- In 2014, following riots in Muzaffarnagar district of Uttar Pradesh, he was criticized for organizing a festive program.
- In 2015, for his remark in which he said that gang-rapes are impractical, the Judicial Magistrate of Kulpahar court in Uttar Pradesh summonsed him.
- Favorite Politician(s) – Ram Manohar Lohia
You may also like>>>
Personal Life – Girlfriends, Affairs and More
|Wife/Wives||First Wife – Malti Devi (married ?-2003)|
Second Wife – Sadhana Gupta
|Children||Sons – Akhilesh Yadav (Politician)|
Prateek Yadav (Businessman)
Money Factor – Income Source, Salary, Net worth & more
|Income Source –|
|Salary||Rs. 1 Lakh + Other Allowances (as a Lok Sabha Member)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 20.56 Crore (as in 2019)|
|Assets/Properties||Nil (as per his affidavit submitted during the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections)|
|Bank Deposits||Rs. 40.13 Lakh|
|Residential Buildings||Worth Rs. 6.83 Crore|
|Agricultural Land||Worth Rs. 7.89 Crore|
|Non-Agricultural Land||Worth Rs. 1.44 Crore|
Mulayam Singh Yadav Social Media Profiles/Accounts
- Facebook – Yet to be updated
- Instagram – Not Known
- Twitter – Not Known
Some Interesting and Unknown Facts About Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Does Mulayam Singh Yadav smoke?: Not Known
- Does Mulayam Singh Yadav drink alcohol?: Not Known
- He was born in the Saifai village, Etawah district, Uttar Pradesh.
- Before becoming a politician, he worked as a teacher.
- Mulayam Singh Yadav is a trained wrestler.
- He has several degrees including a B.A. Degree, B.T., and M.A. Degree in Political Science.
- He was inspired and influenced by the socialist thoughts and ideology of Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia.
- He joined politics after coming into close contact with Karpoori Thakur, Sarvashri Madhu Limaye, Raj Narayan, Ram Sewak Yadav, and Janeshwar Mishra.
- He has been sentenced to jail for 9 times.
- He served as the Student Union Leader at the K.K. College, Etawah.
- He rose to high political ranks at a very early age.
- On 4 October 1992, he founded Samajwadi Party (SP).
- He maintained close relations with some Bollywood personalities, including Amitabh Bachchan, Jaya Prada, Sanjay Dutt, etc. During his regime, he made Amitabh Bachchan as the Brand Ambassador of Uttar Pradesh.
- For the 3 terms, he served as the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh (1989-1991, 1993-1995 and 2003-2007).
- He holds the record of winning almost all the elections he has contested so-far.
- In 2012, his biography was published by Frank Huzur in the name The Socialist: The Definitive Biography of Mulayam Sing Yadav was published.