In this article, you will get all the biodata or information about Shirley Setia. If you like the article, share this article with your friends. [adinserter block=”3″]
Shirley Setia is a Singer, Youtuber, Radio Jockey, and a Performer. She is a social media sensation with more than 3.1 million subscribers on Youtube, 5.2 million followers on Instagram, 1.32 million followers on Twitter, and 3.6 million followers on Facebook. Setia featured in the Forbes Magazine and referred to as “Bollywood’s Next Big Singing Sensation.”[adinserter block=”1″]
Early Life, Wiki/Biography, Family, Career, Love Affairs, Husband, Boyfriends, Money factor, and more:
Shirley Setia was born in Daman, India on 2 July 1993. She is 26 years old as in 2019, and her zodiac sign is Cancer.
Her family migrated to Auckland when she was just seven years old. She was a merit student in her school days and wanted to be an astronaut and went to the University of Auckland to pursue her B.com. Shirley also went for a marketing and publicity internship at the Auckland Council. After that, she joined to pursue a course from the New York Film Academy. [adinserter block=”1″]
Shirley Setia had a passion for music since her childhood days. She grew up regularly listening to the songs of Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosle and Kishor Da played at her home, which made her feel attached to the Indian music. Although she never planned her career towards the music industry, she started making videos of film cover songs for fun sake. They surfaced the internet and gone viral.
|Full Name||Shirley Setia|
|Nick Name||Yet to be updated|
|Profession||Singer and RJ|
|Date Of Birth (DOB)||2 July 1993|
|Zodiac Sign/Sun Sign||Cancer|
|Birth Place||Daman, India|
|Home Town||Auckland, New Zealand|
Father– Raj Setia (Businessman)
Mother– Name Not Known
Brother– Shane (Younger)
|Educational Qualification (s)||• Pursued a degree in Marketing and Information Systems from the University of Auckland|
• Did a course from New York Film Academy
|College||• University of Auckland, Auckland|
• New York Film Academy
|Debut||YouTube: Cover song “Tum Hi Ho” from Ashiqui 2 in 2012|
Film: Song– “Disco Disco” from the film “A Gentleman” in 2017
|Affairs/Boy friends||Not Known|
|Tattoo||A tiny tattoo on her right wrist|
|Hobbies||Listening to Music, Nail art|
- Height: 5′ 3″ (in feet inches)
- Weight: 48 Kg (in Kilograms)
- Eye Colour: Black
- Hair Colour: Black
- Figure Measurements/Physical Stats: 33-25-33
Shirley Setia Family, Love Affairs, Caste, Relationship Status:
Shirley Setia was born to a Khatri family. Her father, Raj Setia, belongs to Hisar is a businessman. Her mother belongs to Goa. She has a younger brother, Shane Setia. Shirley was very close to her grandfather. Currently, her marital status is unmarried. [adinserter block=”3″]
Also view:[adinserter block=”3″]
- Nabha Natesh
- Taylor Swift
- Ankita Dave
- Shivathmika Rajashekar
- Lana Rose
- Pujitha Ponnada (aka Poojitha Ponnada)
- Ambati Rayudu
- Peer Ahmad Shah (Pathan Ka Bacha | The Viral Kid | Peeche Dhekho Peeche)
Shirley Setia Career
Initially, Shirley Setia started her career as a Radio Jockey with Radio Trana, in Auckland. It is a radio station that played Hindi content as well as music albums in Auckland.
She met Bollywood singers like Shreya Ghoshal, as a Radio Jockey. They encouraged her to choose Singing as her career option. In 2013, the Indian music label T-Series organized a Youtube competition for which Shirley recorded a cover song “Tum Hi Ho” on YouTube.
She has not just won the competition but also managed to gather a massive number of fans for her YouTube video. It further encouraged her to make many cover songs of famous Bollywood movie songs that were liked by the film audience. [adinserter block=”3″]
Her channel is listed among the Top 30 Most Subscribed Channels on YouTube, in New Zealand. Later, she collaborated with many YouTube content creators/celebrities from around the world, including Sanam Puri, Arjun, Kurt Hugo Schneider, Antareep Hazarika, The Gunsmith, and Darrel Mascarenhas.
Moreover, she also performs in live concerts and events.
In 2018, in collaboration with the music director Ravi Singal, she released her first single “Naiyo Jaana.” Subsequently, she released a Punjabi track “Koi Vi Nahi” in collaboration with the singer Gurnazar Chattha.
Information in details:
Shirley Setia life before becoming a Singer:
- Shirley was born in a businessman family and had a young brother Shane.
- She wants to become an astronaut when she was 3-4 years old.
- She pursued her graduation from the University of Auckland and worked as a marketing and publicity intern at Auckland Council.
- Shirley discovered her passion for music on YouTube as she was not a trained singer.
- She participated and won a contest conducted by T-Series based on Singing.
About Her Profession
- Her singing debut took place in the year 2011.
- She achieved enormous success on Youtube and started regularly uploading on to it. Four years, she got the fanbase of 1.6 million subscribers and 114 M views later.
- Now she moved to Mumbai to achieve her dream of making it big in Bollywood.
- Some famous Magazine’s say’s about her “Bollywood’s Next Big Singing Sensation Just Might Be This Tiny Kiwi.”
- After this achievement, she has sung so many cover songs for Bollywood movies like Manmarziyan from the film Lootera.
|2016||BIG Golden Voice||BIG Digital Sensation|
|2016||Outlook Social Media Awards||OSM Musician of the year|
|2017||New Zealand Social Media Award||Best in Music|
|2018||Artist Aloud Music Award||Best Hindi Music Category|
|2018||Social Media Summit & Awards||Music Sensation On Social Media|
Shirley Setia Favorite Things, Likes & Dislikes:
- Food: Pizza
- Actors: Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Ranveer Singh, and Ranbir Kapoor.
- Actress: Hilary Duff, Alia Bhatt
- Style Icon: Kareena Kapoor
- Film: Wake Up Sid
- Musicians: A.R.Rahman, Lata Mangeshkar, Shreya Ghoshal, Shankar Mahadevan, Arijit Singh, Shaan, Sonu Nigam.
- Rapper: Badshah
Unknown/Lesser Known Interesting Facts You Might Not Know:
- Does Shirley Setia smoke? No
- Does Shirley Setia Drink? Not Known
- Shirley is noticeable for her work in the Indian Bollywood film industry.
- She launched her carrier as one of the best singers on the largest video streaming site, Youtube.
- Shirley got many awards for BIG Digital Sensation like FBIG Golden Voice.
- She debuted with the most famous director in the Music industry Sachin – Jigar.
- Her favorite food is Burger, Pizza, and her ideal destination is Switzerland.
- Her hobby is playing the guitar and doing nail art.
- The first song she sang on stage for the song ‘Iktara’ from the film “Wake Up Sid.”
Surprisingly, Setia is not a trained singer.
- Shirley has sung many Bollywood tracks, but, according to her, the song “Manmarziyan” from the film “Lootera” is her most favorite.
- Once Shirley has performed on the same stage as the Padma Shri Pankaj Udhas. He complimented Shirley after her performance and said- “You sang very well, well done. All the best.”
- Shirley has earned the label “Pyjama Popstar” as she recorded her first video wearing pyjamas while sitting in her bedroom.
Shirley Setia Official Social Media Profiles/Accounts:[adinserter block=”3″]