Shraddha Kapoor is an Indian actress and singer mainly works for Bollywood(Hindi language) movies. Her DOB is on 3 March 1987. Shraddha Kapoor has a good dressing sense and much loved by her fans always.
She is the gorgeous diva of Kapoor’s family who belongs to the Bollywood. She is the daughter of Bollywood actor Shakti Kapoor and Shivangi Kolhapure. She is an evergreen star who achieved fame in a concise time frame.
Being the daughter of celebrities, she mostly came under the spotlight ever, now and then.
She resides at Palm Beach, Gandhigram Road in Juhu, Mumbai.
Check out Shraddha Kapoor’s Family, Early Life, Background, Career (Acting Debut And Breakthrough), Filmography, Discography, Unknown/Lesser Known Facts, Unseen Pics and many more.
She was born and raised in Mumbai, Maharastra. As she said, she went through a tomboyish phase as a child and having a strong attitude, because of which she was deliberately picking fights with boys.
She has a brother Siddhanth Kapoor, also an actor and director in Bollywood.
She is a well trained Singer. As her mother and maternal grandfather are both trained classical singers.
She was a very bright student and had completed her school education in Jamnabai Narsee School and American School of Bombay, located in Mumbai.
She has dropped out student of major in Psychology at Boston University, USA.
Acting Debut And Breakthrough
Shraddha Kapoor made her debut in the film “Teen Patti” in 2010. In the film, she acted with Amithab Bachchan, R.Madhavan, Ben Kingsley. In Teen Patti, she played a college girl role. The film got flop talk. But, movie fans like her acting very much in the movie.
She came into the limelight as an actress after the movie Aashiqui2 (2013). She also sang the song “Galliyan” in the movie “Ek Villain”.
She acted in many Bollywood movies like Ok Jaanu, Half Girlfriend, Ek Villain, Haider, A Flying Jatt, Haseena Parker and many more.
She won many awards, rewards, and appreciations for her performance.
She is also a businesswoman, launched her Clothing brand “Imara” in association with Amazon.com in March 2015.
Another side, she also worked as a Philanthropist, walked on the ramp for Lakme Fashion Week and has been the cover model for many famous magazines like Cosmopolitan, Vogue, Verve and many more.
Achievements, Awards, And Rewards
She ranked on the fifth position in the list of the world’s sexiest actresses, a poll conducted by the Indian Edition of FHM in 2013 and ranked on the sixth position in 2014.
She was announced as the most searched Indian actresses by Google as per their Google Trends in 2014-2015.
She was listed on the Top 10 Bollywood Actresses And Top Earners by Rediff.com in 2014 and as Most Desirable Women in 2014 and 2015 by the “The Times Of India”.
She appointed as the brand ambassador of the products like Lipton, Veet, Lakme, Marico’s Hair & Care and many more.
The International Business Times Press(Indian Edition) ranked her fourth among the top actresses in 2015.
She is the Most Followed Woman on different Social Media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram in 2014 and 2015.
She was declared as one of the highest paid actresses of Bollywood with the remuneration of 50 Million INR (USD 770,000) per film.
Physical Appearance/Body Measurements
She is a cute young girl having a height of 5’5″ approximately and weighs around 50KG.
She is fair by complexion.
She is a fitness enthusiast who always loves to be energetic and makes her body fit and healthy.
She has black hair and hazel brown eyes.
Filmography: Yet To Be Updated
Discography: Yet To Be Updated
Love/Affair/Relationship Status: Yet To Be Updated
In 2015, she was in a relationship with the Bollywood actor Aditya Roy Kapur.
Some Interesting & Unknown Facts About Shraddha Kapoor
- On her father’s side, she is a Punjabi descent.
- She is of Marathi ancestry, on her mother’s side.
- Her brother Siddhanth was very protective of her when they were in school.
- She is the great-niece of the all Mangeshkar siblings Lata, Asha, Meena, Usha, and Hridaynath.
- She admires actress Sridevi.
- She had a crush on Hrithik Roshan and used to collect all his photos and stick them on her room’s walls after seeing his debut film Kaho Na Pyaar Hai (2000).
- She wanted to be an actress since her childhood as being a celebrity kid for being a celebrity kid but at her young age, she never wanted to become an actress until a production house approached her.
- She acted like a spirited boy and used to wore her parent’s attires and rehearsed & dance in front of the mirror in her childhood.
- During her childhood, she also accompanied her father to various shooting locations.
- She was schoolmate with actress Athiya Shetty, actor Tiger Shroff and Krishna Shroff (Tiger’s sister).
- She and Varun Dhawan both are childhood friends, and they used to dance together on Govinda’s film songs.
- She secured more than 95% marks in her 12th standard exams.
- She has a Lhasa Apso breed pet dog, Shiloh, as she is a dog lover.
- She is fond of collecting shoes.
- She is an allrounder as she is active in academics, dancing, singing, drama, sports & other school activities.
- She declined the role offered by the Bollywood actor Salman Khan who saw her play at the Boston University at the age of 16.
- She called by the nickname ‘Chilkoot’ from her near and dear ones.