Ekta Kapoor is an Indian film producer, director, venture capitalist, and businesswoman. She is the creative head and one of the managing directors of ‘Balaji Telefilms.’
Ekta Kapoor Biography/Wiki
Ekta Kapoor was born (her date of birth is 7 June 1975 & age 44 years; as in 2019) in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Her zodiac sign is Gemini.
She attended Bombay Scottish School, Mahim, Mumbai and later pursued her Bachelor’s degree in Commerce from Mithibai College. She launched her career when she was 15 years old. Initially, she joined for an internship with the ad and feature filmmaker, Kailash Surendranath. On her father’s suggestion, she decided to become a film producer at the age of 19 years.
- Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
- Weight (approx.): 58 Kg
- Figure Measurements: 35-28-35
- Hair Colour: Black
- Eyes Colour: Black
Ekta Kapoor Family, Caste, Boyfriend & Affair
Ekta Kapoor was born into a Hindu Khatri family. Her father’s name is Jeetendra. He is a former actor. Her mother’s name is Shobha Kapoor, and she is a producer. She has a younger brother named Tusshar Kapoor, who is also an actor.
Ekta Kapoor is unmarried, and she became a single parent to a boy through surrogacy, Ravie, in 2019.
Ekta Kapoor started her production career in the year 2001 with “Kyo Kii… Main Jhuth Nahin Bolta.” She followed it with “Krishna Cottage,” and “Kucch To Hai,” which based on supernatural themes. In 2005, she produced another film “Kyaa Kool Hai Hum” which starred by her brother, Tusshar Kapoor. Subsequently, she produced the films “Love Sex Aur Dhokha,” “Half Girlfriend,” “Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai,” and “Shor in the City.”
She has produced more than 130 soap operas including “Hum Paanch,” “Kyunki Saar Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi,” “Kasauti Zindagii Kay,” “Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki,” “Kaahin Kissii Roz,” “Kasamh Se,” “Kahiin To Hoga,” “Bade Acche Lagte Hain,” “Ye Hai Mohabbatein,” “Kumkum Bhagya,” “Jodha Akbar,” and “Kundali Bhagya,” and “Kasam Tere Pyaar Ki.”
She started a media training school named Institute of Creative Excellence through her production house, Balaji Telefilms in 2012. Through her digital app, ALTBalaji, she also launched around 40 web series. Ekta has started a fashion series brand with EK label.
- In 2007, Ekta had a clash with Smriti Irani, which made Irani to left the serial, Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. The TRP of the show was fallen drastically after Irani‘s leave, Irani was brought back to the serial in the year 2008.
- Pulkit Samrat, the actor, was not able to shoot for her serial “Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi” due to some back injuries and had pending payment issues with her. Ekta denied clearing his payments due. Later, he filed a court case against her firm for non-payment of his dues and also for not allowing him to work on their other committed projects.
- She has criticized for inserting a nudity clause to her contract so that actors who agree to work with her do not step back from doing any intimate scenes and provocative dialogues.
- Rajput Kshatriya Akhil Bharatiya Chatariya Sabha conducted a protest against “Jodha Akbar,” Ekta’s TV serial. As they felt wrong facts were presented in the serial.
- Ekta often criticized for her style of wearing clothes that she flaunts at many events. She wears clothes that are either quite uncomfortable or not appreciated by the people.
- Ekta Kapoor also attracted controversy after her feud with Rajeev Khandelwal. Rajeev who shot to fame by playing the role of Sujal in the TV serial “Kahiin Toh Hoga” declared that he does not need Kapoor for his success. The fight became worse when Khandelwal said that he didn’t like Ekta’s TV programming. They weren’t on talking for a long time but slowly patched up.
- After the rumors came out that the film Drishyam based on ‘The Devotion of Suspect X,’ a Japanese Novel. Ekta sent a legal notice to the filmmakers claiming that she owns the copyrights of making a film on that particular novel which gave rise to numerous controversies.
You may also like other related posts:
Ekta Kapoor Awards & Honours
|2010||Indo-American Society Award for the Most Outstanding Woman Entrepreneur|
|2012||Dadasaheb Phalke Academy Award for Iconic Film and Television Producer|
|2012||National Media Award For Asian Academy Of Film And Television – Most Successful Film and Television Producer|
|2016||IMPACT’s 50 Award for the Most Influential Women in Media, Marketing and Advertising|
|2017||Indian Television Academy Award for the Sterling Icon of Entertainment|
|2018||Dadasaheb Phalke Excellence Award for Most Inspiring Icon of the Year|
|2018||Forbes Tycoon of Tomorrow Award for Icon of Excellence|
|2018||IWM Digital Awards – Web Person of the Year|
|2018||Business Today – Most Powerful Woman in Indian Business|
|2018||ABP News Telebrations Awards – Grand Achiever of the Year|
|2018||Indian Television Academy Awards – Highest rated Show on TV – Naagin (season 3)|
|2018||Outlook India Speakout Awards – Woman Achiever of the Year|
|2018||Forbes Tycoon of Tomorrow – Icon of Excellence|
|2018||FICCI Ladies Organisation – Icon of the Year|
|2018||Jagran Cinema Summit Awards – Icon of Entertainment|
|2018||Indian Television Academy Awards – Premiere Web Channel of the Year – ALT Balaji|
|2019||Business Today Award for Most Powerful Woman in Indian Business|
|2019||Hindustan Times Business Award for Business Icon of Continent|
|2019||ET Business Award for Content Creator of the Year|
|2019||HT Most Stylish Film Maker of the Year|
|2019||Businessworld – BW Most Influential Woman of India|
|2019||Talent Track Awards – Digital Content Creator|
|2019||International Quality Awards – Content Creator of the Year|
|2019||Maharashtra Achiever’s Awards – Content Power House of the Year|
Favorite Things, Likes, and Dislikes:
- Food: Chocolate
- Actors: Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan, Aamir Khan, and Hrithik Roshan
- Actresses: Kareena Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra, Sakshi Tanwar
- Director: Wong Kar-Wai
- Books: The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, The Last Song of Dusk by Siddharth Dhanvant Shanghvi
- Colour: White
- TV Serial: Shameless (USA)
Her collection includes cars of 4 luxury brands BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar, and Ford of worth Rs. 4.5 – 5 crore.
Money Factor: Income/Net Worth
Ekta Kapoor’s net worth is estimated (as in 2018) to be Rs.85 crores. Her income is expected to be Rs.5.5 crores per annum.
Properties/Assets (Lands/Commercial Buildings)
Ekta owns a luxury flat of worth Rs.7 crore, which is located in Mumbai, Maharashtra. She has Rs.43 crores of personal investments, and she owns Balaji Telefilms office in Andheri West, Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Interesting Facts About Ekta Kapoor You Might Not Know
- She loves reading books in her leisure time.
- Kapoor likes listening to ghazals and old songs and is a big fan of Kishore Kumar‘s songs.
- Ekta believes that the letter ‘K’ is very lucky for her; this is the reason that most of her TV serials begin with the letter ‘K.’
- As the joint managing director of Balaji Telefilms, Ekta has produced around 25 successful TV serials till 2015 and earned Rs. 500 crores through them.
- Ekta has introduced many famous television artists like Vidya Balan, Prachi Desai, Sushant Singh Rajput, Rajeev Khandelwal, Ronit Roy, and Ram Kapoor.
- Ekta wears black color platform heels on almost all the functions and events as it is advised by her astrologer.
- She has a phobia of height and darkness.
- Ekta Kapoor is often referred to as the “Czarina of television” or “the Queen of Indian Television Industry.”
- In an interview, Vikas Gupta said that Ekta is his Rakhi sister, and they both share a great bond.
- She shares a great bond with the actress, Anita Hassanandani, and also suggested her to change her name to Natassha for films.
- Kapoor is very spiritual and strongly believes in astrology and numerology.
- She considers the numbers 3, 6, and 9 as lucky for her.
- Ekta Kapoor is an animal lover. She has a pet dog Lafro, and as per her habit, she adopted many stray dogs.
- She is also very active in philanthropy and does charities for older women.
- Although she isn’t seen much in the public events, Ekta is considered to be a party animal.
- She filed a complaint against a 32-year old man for stalking her and was arrested. It was reported that he followed her more than 30 times.
Ekta Kapoor Social Media Profiles
Other related search queries: Ekta Kapoor age, biography, wiki, birthday/birth date, baby, son, family, brother, husband, son, mahabharat, movies, serials (list), latest news, photos, facebook, twitter, instagram, net worth, app, acting school, alt balaji telefilms, bungalow, business, best friend, contact house/home/residence address/no, education, email address, history, lie story, new serial, marriage photos, online channel, personal contact/phone number, production house studio name, upcoming serials by ekta kapoor, wedding video, weight loss, website, whatsapp number, dresses, biodata.