Last Updated on
Vijaya Nirmala was born on 20-02-1946 in the state of Tamil Nadu, India. She was an Indian Film Actress, Film Producer & Film Director who was known for her work in Telugu, Malayalam and Tamil films.
Biography, Wiki & Personal Life:
Vijaya Nirmala aka Vijaya Nirmala Krishna is a veteran Indian film actress and director. She is known for her contribution in Telugu, Tamil and Malayalam films and for entering in the Guinness Book of Records in the year 2002 as the female director to direct the most number of films.
Early Life, Childhood, Education, and Career :
Vijaya Nirmala, born on February 20, 1946, in the state of Tamil Nadu to a Telugu family from Andhra Pradesh. Her parents, including her father, had also worked in the film production. Her original name was Nirmala.
Vijaya Nirmala finished her schooling at NKT National Girls High School, Triplicane.
At first, she got married to K.S Murthy. She has a son who is also an actor, Naresh and one of the head persons of MAA Telugu Film Association, of her first marriage. After the sudden death of her first husband, she started living together with actor Krishna Ghattamaneni (popularly known in Telugu) who was already married and later even got married to him in 1969. Actors Mahesh Babu, Manjula, and Ramesh Babu are her stepchildren.
Career & Professional Life:
- Nirmala introduced to acting as a child star in 1950 in the Tamil movie ‘Matsyarekhai’ (Tamil).
- Nirmala made her acting debut in the Telugu film through ‘Panduranga Mahatmyam’ in 1957, at the age of 11, she played the character of Lord Krishna in the movie. The movie ran for over 24 weeks in Vijayawada and Guntur, 100 days in nine centres.
- Her second movie in the Telugu language was ‘Bhookailas’ released the following year. She played a significant lead character in the film Bhargavi Nilayam in 1964 directed by A. Vincent, and it was the first horror movie released in Malayalam. This movie marked her debut as an adult actress.
- She was starred opposite Prem Nazir in this horror-romance film, and it became one of the all-time biggest hit Malayalam films.
You may also like:
- Divyansha Kaushik Age, Biography, Wiki, Facebook, Instagram, HD Images
- Pujitha Ponnada Biography, Wiki, Affairs, Boyfriends, HD Images, Family
- Vishwaksen Naidu (Falaknuma Das Hero) Bio, Wiki, Affairs, Age, Images
- Priyanka Jawalkar Age, Biography, Wiki, Movies List, Unseen Images, Unknown Facts & Details.
Film Production and Direction:
• In 1965, Vijaya Productions agreed to take her into their Tamil film, ‘Enga Veettu Penn’ a remake of Telugu film ‘Shavukaru.’ This was her Tamil debut, and it was that she prefixed her name with the banner’s title after this film and became famous as ‘Vijaya Nirmala.’
• And in 1967, she starred opposite Prem Nazir in the movie ‘Udhyogastha’ directed by P. Venu. In the same year, she met actor Krishna on the sets of ‘Saakshi,’ her second film in Telugu. Later, She married him, and they were seen together in 47 movies.
• In 1973, She made her directorial debut with the film ‘Meena.’ ‘Pelli Kanuka,’ her small screen debut with Balaji Telefilms.
• After that, she launched her film production banner in the name ‘Vijaya Krishna Movies’ and produced about 15 films. Later, she settled in Hyderabad and started managing ‘Padmalaya Studios’ and ‘Padmalaya Telefilms Pvt Ltd.’
- In 2002, she entered into the Guinness Book of World Records and named her as the ‘Most Prolific Female Director,’ having directed 42 feature films since 1972. In 2008, she received the ‘Raghupathi Venkaiah Award’ for her vast contributions to Telugu Cinema.
- She completed 65 years of an acting career in August 2015 and has appeared in over 200 movies in different regional languages.
- She made her debut with the movie Rangula Ratnam in the Telugu industry.
- Her debutant Tamil language film was Engaveettu Penn, followed by the star cast of the film was Gnanaoli, En Annan, Uyira Maanama and Panama Paasama. She met actor Krishna on the set of the film Saakshi in 1967. Which was her second Telugu film and despite in the 47 films they worked together. Till, she had acted over in more than 200 films, including Tamil and Malayalam (25 films each) and the rest of the movies she did in Telugu.
- Alongside with the acting she was also actively involved in the film direction, she was a famous Southern director, and even she holds the record of directing the 44 films, which is an exception for a female director to direct the maximum no of cinemas, and this record is enlisted in the Guinness World Record. In the year 2017, she celebrated her golden (50) jubilee in the film industry.
Unfortunately, Vijaya Nirmala died on 26-06-2019 due to heart attack at the age of 73 at Continental Hospital, Gachibowli, Hyderabad in the state of Telangana, India.
- Nidhhi Agerwal aka Nidhi Agarwal Bio, Wiki, Boyfriend, Unknow Facts
- Vijay Devarakonda Biography, Wiki, Age, Love Affairs, Girlfriends
- Keerthy Suresh Bio, Wiki, Age, Family, Mother, Boyfriend, Husband Name, Movies, Photos
- Varun Dhawan Biography, Age, DOB, Love Affairs, Girl Friends, Family and many more.
- Tejaswi Prakash Wayangankar Age, Biography, Wiki, Career, Unknow Facts, HD Images
Vijaya Nirmala Family, Relatives and Other Relations:
She was previously married to Late K.S. Murthy and the couple together had a son named Vijaya Naresh. The marriage ended in divorce, and she remarried with the Telugu film actor Krishna. She was the stepmother of actors like Manjula Swaroop, Ramesh Babu, and Mahesh Babu.
Shocking / Interesting Facts & Secrets About Vijaya Nirmala:
- When she was seven years old, she entered the cinema with a Tamil film Machcha Rekhai in 1950.
- In 2002, as the female director of most films, she enlisted her name in the Guinness Book of Records
- As a director, she directed 44 Telugu movies.
- She acted in over 200 films, including Tamil, Telugu, and Malayalam language.
- She married to the Telugu veteran actor Krishna Ghattamaneni in the year1969.
- Her debut on the small screen made with Pelli Kanuka produced by Balaji Telefilms in 1998.
- She made her debut in the Telugu industry in 1966 with the film Rangula Ratnam.
For more information, visit: Vijaya Nirmala-Wikipedia